Blogging is a great way to earn some extra money, express your thoughts creatively, and learn and develop new skills. It can even generate a sizeable income if you manage to gain a large following and start monetizing your website. If you want to start blogging this year but aren’t exactly sure where to begin, use these 8 simple starter tips.
- Get expert help: The most successful bloggers all have something in common – they have a professional, well designed website with perfect functionality. It’s difficult to create a website like this on your own, particularly if you’re inexperienced. While there are free templates out there to help you begin, it’s best to work with a Web Development Company if you want to make real money out of your blog. They’ll get it up to a professional standard and ensure that it stands out from the crowd.
- Start networking: You don’t need to get to know every other blogger on earth, but it would help to build relationships with the other bloggers in your particular niche. Get to know how they write, what their audience likes, and build a rapport with them on social media. You’ll be able to help each other, compete for views, and network professionally while hopefully building some solid friendships.
- Be specific: There are plenty of bloggers out there, so it’s important to find a particular category that you write about and then stick to it. Choose a subject that you already know well, that you feel comfortable writing about, and that you’ll be able to write about with some level of authority. Once you’ve found a niche that works for you, you should be able to come up with plenty of topics within that subject to write about on a regular basis. If there’s not much to say, it may be necessary to find a different subject altogether, especially if you want your blog to have staying power.
- Solve a problem: The best blog posts solve a common problem for your readers. Think about what your reader is interested in, and what difficulties they might have. Then, find a solution to their problem and write about it. It’s a simple, effective technique with consistently great results.
- Experiment with styles: If you’re unsure how to begin in terms of your blogging style, feel free to play around with styles of content and see what works best for you. Remember to use analytics tools to check how each post performs so you can use real data to determine your results.
- Be real: People don’t want to read a robot’s advice; they want to hear from real human beings. Don’t be afraid to be authentic and even raw at times, depending on the content and style of your blog. The more an audience can relate to you, the more likely you are to build a following.
- Make a schedule: Blogging every now and again won’t get you anywhere – you need to produce consistent content if you want to build your blog into something substantial. Create a routine for yourself so you know exactly how much you’re going to write each week and when you’re going to get it done. Stick to the routine even if you don’t feel like it – the creativity should flow from there.