Security cameras are invaluable assets. They can cost you high but they keep us guarded from dangers and risks that we may be subjected to. Most people are unaware about the features that their existing security camera can offer. This does not make them enjoy great value for their money.
The manufacturers of these security systems, including Hikvision, are working round the clock to ensure that no vulnerabilities remain unplugged for malicious minds to take advantage of it. There are few things that you, as a consumer, should do from your end to get the most out of your security camera.
Here are 5 points to consider:
- Get the Mobile Application- There are several apps available on Google Playstore and App Store that let you gain access to your camera functions and feed with the help of your mobile. The app can also send you alerts and notifications from time to time and you will be able to monitor your home or office from anywhere.
- Don’t Ignore the Registration of Email Alerts- Just like apps, you can also register for getting email notifications regarding your video coverage. Any sort of motion in the monitored premises in your absence will let you identify the person so that you can take proper action.
- Understand Your Requirements- Do not buy a security camera simply because of its attractive features. The security camera that you buy must meet all the expectations that you have. Thus, it is a smart trick to make a note of all that you desire from your security camera and then match what serves your purpose.
- Set Recording to Scheduled Times- If you are certain that particular hours of the day are safe, you can opt for video recording during the later hours. This will help you save time and storage. You can watch these video recordings whenever you want at your own disposal.
- Privacy Mode- Most cameras come with a privacy mode. This mode helps you to record the videos and store them secretly so that they are not visible anywhere on any other device remotely. Just with a pushing a button, you can enable the privacy mode.
These little tricks are important to implement. They will make you use your security system to the fullest. They will prevent any breach of security and guarantee that you are notified well before time in case any sort of malicious activity is taking place.